Lead Optomechanical Engineer
Posted on: September 21, 2018
Our vision is to power every autonomous vehicle with the first LiDAR capable of making them both safe and scalable. Its easy to get an autonomous vehicle to work 99% of the time, but its the last 1% thats preventing them from becoming a reality. Thats where we come in. Weve built a breakthrough LiDAR from the chip level up, delivering 50x better resolution and 10x longer range than the most advanced LiDARs available today. Luminar is not just a sensor, but the core of a platform that can enable the industry to have safe autonomous vehicles on the road.
We are a diverse team of passionate and driven individuals, making us a powerhouse of innovation, design, engineering, and manufacturing. We are hiring the best and the brightest to accelerate the industry, and bring forward the next transportation revolution.
The Lead Optomechanical Engineer is a member of a multi-disciplinary design team developing range finding sensing systems for use in autonomous vehicle platforms. Design and develop detailed solution concepts that meet the optomechanical subsystem and top-level system requirements. Provide high level optomechanical design expertise and guidance for engineering and manufacturing staff. Perform analyses, simulations and experiments to verify that the design will meet all system requirements.. Resolve issues with existing products, and aid in process enhancements. Model, and perform detail design of optomechanical assemblies using 3D CAD tools. Contributes as team member on assigned projects and can also work independently. Responsibilities:
- Design and development of new products
- Support and participate in technology research efforts
- Work is performed with SolidWorks
- Produce documentation to industry standards
- Ability to independently manage schedules
- Product inductions as well as product engagement with factory ramp
- Coordinate engineering changes with manufacturing
- Frequent technical progress reporting
- Proficiency in optical principles and optomechanical design
- Extensive 3D CAD experience
- Product design for use in harsh environmental conditions
- Design for high-volume manufacturing
- BSME or MSME with 7+ years experience in mechanical engineering role
- Wide breadth of design experience utilizing many different fabrication processes, materials and finishes. This includes die casting, plastic injection molding, sheet metal, plating, paints and/or finishes
- Experience with Statistical Process Control design including Six Sigma tools and processes
- Aid in the development of tooling & fixtures for manufacturing and assembly
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with factory ramp and new product introduction
- Mentor other design engineers
- SolidWorks PDM Professional vault
- Automotive OEM experience
- CFD, heat transfer, modal, vibration, shock and stress analysis
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.
Luminar offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Keywords: Luminar, Palm Harbor , Lead Optomechanical Engineer, Engineering , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!