Software Configuration Management
Company: Geographic Solutions, Inc.
Location: Palm Harbor
Posted on: September 11, 2018
Job Summary: Under limited supervision, this position will be responsible for configuring and building all software applications with regards to the test, pre-production and production environments. Work closely with Software Development and Software Quality Assurance to define and implement procedures for releasing products throughout the whole product life cycle, including maintenance of software and documentation libraries.Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble applications for installation, conducting test installs of packaged applications, and deploying applications to various testing environments.
- Documentation of configuration, installation and building information guides and release notes while providing assistance in production support issues.
- Manage and coordinate with Quality Assurance the building process and create detailed records of each build.
- Identify and implement build process improvement initiatives.
- Document Build process for development teams.
- Notification of software builds and releases.
- Creation of Customer Release Notes for software releases.
- Must have the ability to work independently, works actively to develop team work, identify problems, gather information and develop possible course of action for resolution.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Adhere to company policies.
- Conduct to reflect professional attitude and actions.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in functionality of assigned projects and PC skills.
- Ability to use analytical skills while doing test project planning and executing those test projects.
- Sufficient application knowledge to navigate and perform basic functionality of a single software application.
- Ability to seek appropriate resources or mentors on projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which are used with team members and clients in the form of formal training, mentoring, and presentations.
- Work with developers and DBAs on projects.
- Utilization of defect tracking tools (BugTracker, DevTrack, Quality Center, etc).
- Background knowledge of business-to-business practices, user interface design and customizable applications is a plus.
- Experience as building and deploying applications in a web and client server environment.
- Experience using source code management systems (e.g. TFS, Perforce, VSS, PVCS, CVS, Vault).
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, including Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Software experience must include Microsoft Office, Visio, Power Point and Microsoft Project.
- Understanding of Configuration Management Best Practices and hardware/software configurations.
- Understanding of the product development lifecycle from requirements to delivery.Credentials and Experience
- Associate's degree
- 1 or more years experience in the IT industry as it relates to software configuration
- Or, Equivalent combination of education and experienceSpecial Requirements
- Testing methodologies and theory
- Software Configuration Management methodologies and theory
- Microsoft SQL Server knowledge
- Microsoft development tool knowledge
- Windows Operating Systems knowledge
- PC hardware configuration knowledge
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Internet Technologies
- Development defect tracking tools
- Software life cycle knowledge
- Web-based applications
- Labor Market Information & National Employment Systems - provided by Dice 1 or more years experience in the IT industry as it relates to software configuration
Keywords: Geographic Solutions, Inc., Palm Harbor , Software Configuration Management, Executive , Palm Harbor, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!