Healthcare Customer Advisor (Special Needs) - National Remote
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Palm Harbor
Posted on: May 24, 2023
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere
within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. At
UnitedHealthcare, we're simplifying the health care experience,
creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality
care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people
for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow,
making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make
a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best
work.SMUnitedHealthcare's highly skilled team of--Care Advisors is
dedicated to serving and managing special needs for our members
and/or their family members.-- When you join our team as Care
Advisor, you will have the opportunity to deliver an extraordinary
experience to family members who need an ally.-- Care Advisors are
empowered to fast track resolutions and serve as an ongoing
resource to provide guidance and community resources during key
transition times throughout the family's journey. Some of the
issues you will help resolve include complex benefits, claim and
billing issues, prior authorizations, appeals and more.You will
make an impactful and meaningful difference for many individuals
and families. This is where you can bring your compassion for
others while doing--your life's best work.SMThis position is
full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday, from 9:45am - 6:15pm
CST, within our Family Engagement Center*All Telecommuters will be
required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter
- Provide holistic family support to members who may have special
needs themselves or may be caring for children or family members
with special needs, owning end-to-end resolution of issues.
- Serve as an ongoing, point of contact for members, primarily
via the phone channel (may also will use email, chat, text),
delivering compassionate support to members, creating a memorable,
- Create and build ongoing relationships with others including
both members and teammates.
- Make decisions independently and solve problems creatively and
completely using sound judgment and critical thinking.
- Consistently follow through on commitments and framing
realistic expectations for members.
- Plan, prioritize, organize and complete work to meet
established objectives for our families.
- Responsible for managing project time to insure follow up and
outreach work is completed in a timely manner.
- Families served include a range of low, moderate, and high
needs as determined by clinical needs, financial impacts, and/or
level of escalation.
- Process includes outreach calls to initiate contact with
members referred by executives and partners.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate family counts on our
- Focus on teamwork and fostering strong team environment through
activities including mentoring and acting as a resource for
- Anticipate member needs and proactively seek out external and
internal resources or partners where appropriate to add unexpected
value for the member.
- Determine appropriate referrals to other programs/services as
needed with or without technology guidance.
- Responsible for providing high quality member experience as
reflected in post contact surveys and member feedback.To succeed as
a Special Needs Service Advocate, ideal candidates will
- Passion for helping individuals and families of children with
- Strong empathy, compassion and listening skills.
- Aptitude to be proactive, organized, resourceful and relentless
with solving issues and providing support; can think outside the
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, able to
prioritize time efficiently.
- Self-starter abilities and thrive in ambiguity without
- Motivation to improve process.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability
to understand many different special needs conditions, the impact
on the family and then tailor approaches to a variety of unique
- Ability to diffuse member distress, manage complex situations
and the aptitude to translate complex benefit terminology and
processes into common language members can understand and act
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Strong focus on putting member's needs at the center of
- A drive to add value by delivering more than the customers
- Agility and flexibility to excel in a very fast-paced work
environment with constant learning and change.
- Ability to step in with new members, quickly review history and
confidently speak to member needs.
- Energy for what needs to be done and for overcoming
- A coachable mindset focused on professional development and
able to implement constructive feedback and coaching.
- Highly skilled at de-escalation techniques; able to move
conversations toward building trust.
- High emotional intelligence: able to separate self from
complaints/escalated members and focus on delivering thoughtful,
compassionate care and resolving issues.You'll be rewarded and
recognized for your performance in an environment that will
challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to
succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles
you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience helping, resolving, or advocating on
behalf of members or customers
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office including
Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates),
Microsoft Excel (ability to sort, filter, and create simple
spreadsheets), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar
management)Ability to work 40 hours per week, Monday through
Friday, from 9:45am - 6:15pm CST, within our Family Engagement
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in related field
- Minimum of 1+ years of A4Me OR 3+ months of Quick Assist
- Experience providing care for children with special needs
- Claims processing experience
- Experience within a member focused healthcare environment
- Experience within a service delivery capacity (examples
include, but are not limited to: social services, caregivers,
hospitality, social work, sales, non-profit agencies)Telecommuting
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is
separated from other living areas and provides information
privacyAbility to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if
applicable)Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth
Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an
existing high-speed internet serviceMust be able to connect
directly into internet-------via hard wire (either directly to
modem or router)Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune
5 organization that's serving millions of people as we transform
health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change
for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for
everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people
with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader,
our commitment to improving lives is second to none.California,
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York, Rhode Island
Residents Only: The salary range for California / Colorado /
Connecticut / Nevada / Washington / New York / Rhode Island
residents is $18.80 - $36.78. Pay is based on several factors
including but not limited to education, work experience,
certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group
offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package,
incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k
contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility
requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with
UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits
and incentives.At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people
live healthier lives and make the health system work better for
everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality,
age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their
healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many
barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by
people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with
lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the
environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that
addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an
enterprise priority reflected in our mission.--Diversity creates a
healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group--is a drug
- free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test
before beginning employment.#RPO #YELLOW
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Palm Harbor , Healthcare Customer Advisor (Special Needs) - National Remote, Healthcare , Palm Harbor, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...