Medical Science Liaison-Oncology
Posted on: June 19, 2019
Are you energized by building advocacy for a therapeutic strategy
through leadership, education and development of partnerships with
key External Experts and Professional Bodies? If so, this Medical
Science Liaison role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Medical Science Liaison you will be responsible for leadership
of the external engagement strategy aligned to the Oncology
portfolio, as well as the design & implementation of the external
engagement plan including the advocacy plan aligned to Oncology
strategies, driving a consistent approach to carrying out
engagement activities in the field.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities
to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the
You are expected to interface and provide value across a continuum
of both Internal and External Stakeholders. This includes:
Internal Stakeholders (R&D, Sales, and Marketing)
- Work with medical colleagues to identify External Experts,
professional groups, decision makers and other key stakeholders in
the assigned therapy area and or geography.
- Gather medical voice of the customer and construct and
implement effective Medical Affairs strategy and planning through
participation in or escalation to internal North America Medical
- Provide documentation for all interactions with HCPs according
to applicable policies.
- Provide scientific training for GSK sales representatives
regarding GSK products and the conditions they treat utilizing
approved Sales Training materials.
- Attend and contribute (if required) to medical portion of
regional account planning/training sessions.
- Attend both national and regional scientific/medical meetings
to gain medical voice of the customer on recent data being
presented on products and disease states of interest to GSK.
- Support clinical development activities and programs including
GSK and Investigator sponsored studies as well as collaborating
with R&D staff to improve site performance.
External Stakeholders (External Experts and other healthcare
professionals within assigned geography/therapy area, investigators
and potential investigators, professional societies and formulary
- Conduct balanced, peer-to-peer, scientific dialogue with
- Gather medical voice of customer and secure advice that informs
and assists GSK in the development of medicines of value, for the
ultimate benefit of patients.
- Conduct individual discussions and meetings with GSK-contracted
clinical study investigators, steering committee members, advisory
board members, consultants etc, on topics related to the work being
conducted with GSK (e.g. for clinical research investigators, the
conduct or publication of clinical research sponsored by GSK).
- To respond verbally or by providing appropriate written
materials to unsolicited requests for on- or off-label information
or safety concerns that may have been asked of GSK sales staff or
Medical and adhering to all policies and procedures regarding the
provision of medical information
- Provide information in response to standing requests from
external stakeholders (e.g. HCPs, formulary decision makers), when
appropriate information becomes available.
- Deliver oncology scientific / pipeline presentations to
formulary committees and HCPs per documented unsolicited
- Provide general insight into GSK research interests and field
inquiries regarding investigator sponsored scientific or clinical
research projects and forward them to appropriate Medical Affairs
staff for funding consideration.
- Participate in GSK-sponsored Advisory Boards as requested and
in accordance with the applicable policies.
- Provide promotional presentations.
- Deliver affirmative presentations to HCPs and formulary
decision makers within the scope allowed by the MSL Practice
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to
achieve our goals:
- Pharm D, PhD, M.D.or equivalent education
- Two years of experience and success in oncology within an MSL
- A demonstrated understanding of the US healthcare environment,
including knowledge of health technology assessments and market
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical ethics and governance; and a
clear understanding of pharmaceutical compliance policies and
- Possess solid knowledge of pharmacology and pharmacotherapy in
humans and has experience practically applying this knowledge in a
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Previous clinical experience in situations where
direct/indirect decision making authority for patient care was
- Ability to work within large and complex matrix teams
- Ability to facilitate high quality discussions around GSK
medicines with external expert
- Ability to maintain a command of a large amount of scientific
information across multiple products and show effective
written/verbal communication skills
- Clear understanding of clinical research methodologies and a
demonstrated ability to translate scientific, clinical and safety
research studies in an effective credible manner. Able to
independently evaluate the scientific literature regarding
Why GSK?Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything
we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along
with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK
focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation,
performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate
the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and
applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming
challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills
and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative,
motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing
trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a
job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at
1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information,
military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other
federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or
employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this
site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact
GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department
to obtain prior written authorization before referring any
candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is
a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between
the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such
written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the
employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed
without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall
therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or
any fees arising from any referrals by employment
businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional
or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state
issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report
expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded
an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers
of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and
state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please
visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Keywords: GlaxoSmithKline, Palm Harbor , Medical Science Liaison-Oncology, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!