Company: East Lake Pediatrics
Location: Palm Harbor
Posted on: November 22, 2019
Location: Palm Harbor, Florida, , United StatesPosted:
2019-11-15Position Title: Medical AssistantCompany Name: East Lake
PediatricsSector: MedicalWe are seeking a personable, high-energy
Certified Medical Assistant who is able to multitask and thrives in
fast-paced environment to join our growing practice. We have 2
locations with 4 Board-Certified pediatricians and 4 nurse
practitioners. The qualified candidate should be able to engage
with their families and patients and easily creates a rapport that
fosters a healthy provider-patient relationship to promote an
optimal healing environment.
Beautiful Palm Harbor Florida is home of the Innisbrook Resort and
Golf Club, a nationally regarded golf course and home of the PGA's
Valspar Championship. Its historic downtown is the home of numerous
festivals and craft fairs. This family friendly location a short
drive to Tampa, Clearwater Beach and Saint Petersburg and is just
90 minutes from Orlando.
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the
telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or
accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination
gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the
examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments,
supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing
and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming
purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers
during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing
basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated
supplies; administering medications on the premises; authorizing
drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies;
drawing blood; preparing patients for x-rays; removing sutures;
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment,
and test results.
- Generates revenues by recording billing information of services
rendered; completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and
other third-party inquiries.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders;
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions;
troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing
preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
patient care information confidential.
- Serves and protects the physician or health care provider
practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and
procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint
Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional
- Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership
for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring
opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Accomplishes East Lake Pediatrics' mission by completing
related tasks as needed.
Clinical Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health
Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Procedural Skills,
Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Inventory Control,
Planning, Dependability, Medical Teamwork PI115615209
Keywords: East Lake Pediatrics, Palm Harbor , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Palm Harbor, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!