Senior Manager, Owned & Operated Merchandising
Company: Parks Experiences And Products
Location: Palm Harbor
Posted on: August 5, 2022
The Senior Manager leads a team of Merchandising Managers to
drive a multichannel product strategy, quarterly strategy brief,
product line strategy and assortment curation for global Disney
Parks, The Disney Stores (TDS) and shopDisney.com. Accountability
spans multiple categories across all brands, representing the owned
and operated portfolio globally. This individual will have a
detailed knowledge of the multiple product categories, intimate
understanding of global consumer trends and competition, and an
overall sense of the marketplace. This individual will critically
evaluate the assortment and understand quarterly brand and category
performance, while leveraging hindsight and learnings to inform
future seasonal direction. This individual will demonstrate a
comprehensive understanding of the connection between financial
objectives and related merchandise objectives.Responsibilities
:Drive assortment strategy by category across Brands and curate
global line that meets the financial goals for global Parks, TDS, &
- Establish the merchandising strategy and assortment curation
for multiple categories, enabling one global line for Walt Disney
World, Disneyland Resort, Disney Signature Experiences, The Disney
Store, ShopDisney.com & global Parks/Disney store leveraging &
- Lead category line curation that supports a global go-to-market
approach from Flagship to Outlet locations including regional
- Lead the identification of seasonal big bets globally; partner
cross-functionally to align on investment and activate marketing to
- Build and curate multi-category consumer-centric, global
assortments that support strategic intent of the brand and drive
growth at retail for each region / site.
- Drive partnership with site & regional buying and planning to
build and implement new initiatives to drive increased value and
capture, to unlock white space opportunities and to inform
- Define seasonal product flow strategy that supports company
content calendar including; film, TV, synergy, attractions,
entertainment, anniversaries, historical needs, and addresses
regional holiday/seasonal selling patterns.
- Develop and deliver cohesive seasonal product brief to Brand
team that ensures site needs are addressed across brands,
franchisees and categories while maximizing item productivity, and
capitalizing on key successes across multiple regions / sites.
- Develop effective partnerships across TWDC and in particular
with the global merchant, buying and planning teams for each region
of Parks & Disney stores on points of exclusivity including
assortment opportunities, launch timing, and target guests.
- Synthesize global business results to inform key business
decisions to hindsight performance and learnings to inform future
- Be the expert on the competitive environment - actively
participate in market shopping and stay abreast of macro, micro,
and consumer/fashion trendsLead Merchandising and Collaboration for
Parks specific activations.Drive the best expression of our brands
through unique Park and Attraction based retailing. Build product
strategies for categories that are designed for a fully immersive
space through well-executed activations that maximize capture
within the attraction while building equity and desire for future
interaction with products in our unique specialty retail
- Lead team to build category/collection/item level product brief
that supports the immersive Parks-specific experiences. For Park
intellectual property, work directly with Parks Design team to
build collections that meet the business needs.
- Partner with WDI and merchant teams for each brand to ensure
the products we build continue to story tell and complete the
experience for our valuable Parks guests
- Attract and convert new consumers though the creation of
product strategies designed for the Parks retail space globally.
Leverage synergy between Parks.
- Develop category level global merchandising strategic landscape
ensuring quarterly / annual growth targets are achieved
- Partner with Commercial and Marketing teams to drive awareness
and influencer plans globallyDevelop high performing teams and
bench to support organizational growth needs.
- Lead a team of salaried leaders and their direct reports.
- Drive a global strategy across all brands.
- Lead by example as a key change agent; create a culture that
fosters teamwork, and innovation while driving accountability to
- Act as a role model within the company by coaching and teaching
team members and to identify and address gaps in organizational
competencies with relevant coaching and feedbackBasic
- 6-8+ years of progressive experience in Product Merchandising,
specialty retail & product assortment strategy.
- Experience leading and developing high performing teams
- Experience in curating a global product line that is both
globally leveraged and locally relevant
- Experience in Merchandising for vertical specialty retail
- Demonstrated ability to identify market trends to maximize
value creation throughout the trend cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to manage revenue creation while
maintaining brand integrity.
- Strong working knowledge of the omni-channel marketplace
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive execution against a
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence a diverse
audience including experience working with external partners and
business owners to bring product and assortments to the market
- Successful experience working, and thriving, in a highly
matrixed company structure
- Robust leadership and talent development abilities and a
collaborative and effective management style
- Strong Team Player The ability to build & foster collaborative
partnerships across functions & departments within The Walt Disney
- Well-developed Communication Skills
- Proven ability to think creatively and disruptively to bring
and infuse new ideas to the business
- Experience in multiple segments, brands and channels within the
- Demonstrated ability to lead the organizational and cultural
change efforts needed to ensure new, innovative concepts, business
practices, and technologies are fully adopted and integrated into
- Ability to travel domestically and internationallyThis role is
located in Orlando, Florida.Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a
rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes
health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special
extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits
and perks at#CPGPJobs#DPEPFLAby Jobble
Keywords: Parks Experiences And Products, Palm Harbor , Senior Manager, Owned & Operated Merchandising, Hospitality & Tourism , Palm Harbor, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!