Director of UI Business Analysts
Company: Geographic Solutions, Inc.
Location: Palm Harbor
Posted on: August 31, 2019
Job Summary: Provide business analysis information and best
practices for UI Modernization projects; serve as onsite Project
Manager at designated client locations; consult with team members
such as project managers, business analysts, and other internal
resources to develop and implement a variety of solutions within
the Employer's internal project deliverables schedule; attend UI
conferences and events as needed as a representative of the
Company; review proposal response deliverables and provide guidance
and assistance on proposal preparation. Duties and
- Participate as part of the architecture and design team
organized to evaluate new and existing business systems and
requirements, then architect a new integrated solution to support
- Extensive management and technical expertise in unemployment
insurance (UI) tax and benefits account registrations,
adjudication, tax rate and benefit charge assignments, state and
federal audits, investigations, collections, and training.
- Excellent communication skills ability to translate technical
concepts in a format that is understandable and relevant to all
- Proficient at facilitating and mediating business process
reengineering. Effectively evaluate and develop joint solutions to
- Set standards for physical and logical database schema and
- Analyze business and user needs, document requirements and
translate both into proper specifications for each project.
- Collaborate with clients, business leaders, and internal
software architects and development teams to ensure that the
direction, scope and dependencies are identified and
- Possess strong knowledge of both project management and the
software development lifecycle (SDLC) of large-scale development
- Translate business requirements into concise system
requirements for use by the software architects and development
- Extensive understanding of multiple functional areas related to
complex projects and the ability to identify and quantify business
process improvements along with system improvements through the use
of technology is critical.
- Foster productive communication between technical and
non-technical audiences to ensure that technology solutions fulfill
the business needs. Responsibilities include
- Identify, document and diagram business requirements and
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and
- Manage and deliver functional integration projects,
developments and deliverability advice.
- Management of customer relationships by providing insight and
support of UI functional aspects of project integration both new
- Assess functional requirements and clearly communicate
specifications for system development, design, and
- Attend customer meetings to provide functional insight and
expertise and potential integration options/solutions.
- Ensure functional procedures, documentation and standard polies
are in place or easily referenced for regular review.
- Perform all level of tasks such as gap analysis, data
conversion mapping and integration; business requirements
development and review, and user acceptance script writing and
testing. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to write design specifications outlining needs to
support the Company's Virtual OneStop, Unemployment and
ReEmployment products, in support Department of Labor Employment
and Training programs.
- MS SQL Server (2000/2005/2008) and query knowledge is
- Testing of applications written to the design specifications
- Ability to track data through the database as it relates to the
application and when required federal reporting requirements
- A solid knowledge of Department of Labor Employment and
Training programs is desired, to include one or more of the
following examples Wagner-Peyser, Workforce Investment Act, Trade
- Possess a general understanding of application programming,
database and system design
- Understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server
- Ability to analyze system requirements relative to the base
software functionality and configuration--Credentials and
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
related field, Master's degree in Business or Management
- Minimum 10 years of Business Analysis in appropriate technical
- Minimum 5 years of leading and mentoring a team.
- Familiarity with a Microsoft technology stack, which includes
.Net and SQL is highly desired.
- Experience in the labor market or regulatory occupation
industries preferred.----Special Requirements:
- May also be assigned various projects and tasks as needed.
Required Screenings: Criminal background and professional reference
check. Work Environment: We offer a fast paced, team-oriented
environment with a casual dress code. Days & Hours: Monday through
Friday, full time position. Pay: We offer a competitive
compensation and benefits package. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Geographic Solutions, Inc., Palm Harbor , Director of UI Business Analysts, IT / Software / Systems , Palm Harbor, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!