The Guest Service Representative is responsible for delighting
Thorntons guests with prompt and courteous service, maintaining
merchandise, and supporting store goals and initiatives.
Essential Job Functions (RESPONSIBLE TO)
• Delivers guest service with a “how may I help you” attitude.
Looks for opportunities to delight guests and follows instructions
from store management.
• Ring all sales as discussed in the operations procedures.
• Assure proper sale and accounting of money orders/lottery
• Accurately account for price overrides, store use of
merchandise, voids, returns and waste.
• Keep coolers, fast lane merchandise, store shelves, and
displays fully stocked and fronted at all times.
• Clean and maintain equipment and ready high-margin products
such as coffee, fountain drinks, etc.
• Use suggestive selling techniques to suggest items to guests
that complement their purchases, and asks our guests if they are a
refreshing rewards member at the beginning of every
• Ensure that the Store Management is made aware of all sales,
cash, or operating discrepancies.
• Clean windows, floors, shelving, counters, gas pumps
regularly, and restrooms per store operating procedures (daily
• Clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the store as
• Advise store management of any maintenance or safety
• Practices safe working habits that align with company safety
• Properly uses the Guest Service Department for guest service
• Stay familiar with all Thorntons policies applicable to the
GSR position as outlined on Thorntons Intranet.
• Adheres to all city, county, and state alcohol and tobacco and
all other applicable laws and regulations
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Maintain PAR levels as outlined on PAR sheet per store
? High School Diploma or GED
? All experience will be considered
? Ability to speak, read, understand, and write the English
? Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations
? High energy and strong work ethic.
? Excellent interpersonal skill.
? Strong guest service skills.
? Works well with others in a team environment
? Sufficient visual acuity to check identification and process
? Ability to read and understand instructions for operation of
electronic cash registers and other equipment.
? Ability to read electronic fuel reports.
? Equipment/Special Expertise
? Other Considerations
? Must be able to climb a ladder to clean windows, stock
shelves, make price changes, etc.
? Properly records time on the TOTS systems and signs a time
report verifying all hours worked
? Understands that company funds are not available for personal