We're looking for a Shift Leader to join our team! As our Shift
Leader, you will assist the management team by providing peer
leadership toaccomplish club goals, develop a high performing
staff, and ensure a financially successfulclub.Essential Duties and
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities will include:
* Staff Leadership: * Providing support to Club Manager through
- Set a high standard for a warm and welcoming atmosphere for
members, prospective members, guests and employees, by training
coaching staff to follow superior customer service
- Assist in managing projects and deadlines, ensuring the club is
- Assisting in resolving or escalating employee issues or
concerns in a
- Providing backup support for employees who are absent
- On call for additional shifts sometimes required.
* * Cleanliness and Maintenance of the Club: * Keeping the front
desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- Walking through the club every 30 minutes to ensure that it is
includes refilling paper towel dispensers, mopping up spills
equipment, taking out the trash, cleaning mirrors, and
barbells, dumbbells and weight plates.
- Regularly cleaning all exercise equipment and tanning
- Ensuring restrooms are clean, stocked and clutter free by
* * Front Desk Activities: * Answering phones in a friendly
manner and assisting callers with a variety
- Checking members into the system as they arrive.
- Assisting with new member sign-up.
- Communicating updates and events to members and guests.
- Taking prospective members on tours.
- Assisting members with scheduling and logging use of amenities
tanning booths and hydro massage
- Responding to member questions and concerns in a timely
professional. manner and elevating to Club Manager as
- Conducting beverage or merchandise purchases on the point of
* * Oversee Updates to Members Accounts: * New Membership
- Questions regarding billing or payment
* * Miscellaneous projects may include: * Ordering club supplies
using specific budget based on club requirements.
- Tracking Key Performance Indicators like guest counts, cancels,
(weekly, monthly, annually).
* 6-12 months of Customer Service experience is preferred,
preferably in the fitness
industry. High school diploma/GED equivalent required. Must be
18 years of age or older. Current CPR Certification required. Basic
computer proficiency with an eye for accuracy. Punctuality and
reliability is a must. Exceptional customer service skills; able to
interact in a positive and professional waywith members and
co-workers, exceeding the members expectations. Strong listener
with the ability to empathize and problem solve. Able to
demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate
behavior andlanguage.Physical Demands Continual standing and
walking during shift. Continual talking in person or on the phone
during shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Will occasionally
encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people's lives with an affordable, high-quality
fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and
fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing
franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States,
Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We're continuously
seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free
Zone and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000
locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico,
Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia,
there's plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always
looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means
to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be
used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired
and motivated. That's where you come in. If you're looking for a
place where you can make a difference in a customer's life, you've
found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but
stay for the feeling that you're making a difference on our
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee
and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither
dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees
or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to
control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or
their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring
compliance with local, state and federal law.