Quantitative Risk Analyst I (Insurance Model Validation)
Posted on: September 25, 2018
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Quantitative Risk Analyst I for our San Antonio, TX, Colorado Springs, CO, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL or Remote facility. Conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in a variety of disciplines to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements.Job Requirements
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness.
- Translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- May present findings to various levels of leadership.
- Utilizes industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Develops complex systems and programs that measure aggregate risk exposures.
- May engage in model validation and/or produce model validation reports.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change using developed knowledge.
- May translate recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Produces advanced analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Communicates analytical results, findings and solutions to governance committees and business process owners and influences business analysis.
- May create statistical reporting and financial analysis to forecast results for required stress test scenarios.
- Analyzes and challenges stress testing results and partners with relevant functions to validate those results. Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline Or advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 4 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management Or PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and up to 2 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management
- Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be required. *Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.* When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses Preferred
- Experience working in Actuarial roles within analytic functions in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry, including pricing, reserving, underwriting, and claims
- Working towards or having passed various Actuarial exams, either towards the Associate or Fellow designation
- Masters or PhD degree in Economics with an econometric emphasis or in Statistics
- Experience in a model validation function at a major financial institution regulated by the Federal Reserve
- Experience developing statistical models at an insurance, bank, or investment company The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals. USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. For Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have managers approval prior to posting. Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 09/26/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Palm Harbor , Quantitative Risk Analyst I (Insurance Model Validation), Professions , Tampa, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!